To import users into your portal, TalentCards provides you with the following three options:
Upload an external file (i.e., .xls, .xlsx, .csv, .ods).
Import users directly from TalentLMS or eFront.
Sync your user base to an external file (i.e., .xls, .xlsx, .csv, .ods) stored in a remote FTP/SFTP server.
To import users via FTP/SFTP server follow these steps:
Sign in to your TalentCards account, and go to Users (1)
Click Add user and, from the drop-down list, choose Import Users (2)
3. On the Import users dialog box, click via FTP/SFTP server (3)
4. From the respective drop-down list, choose your preferred Server type (4)
5. Type your Host name, Port, Username, Password, and Path in the respective fields
6. By default, the Keep synchronized (5) and Send status report to Owner (6) options are enabled. Uncheck if you don't want your user base to stay synced to the remote file and/or if you don't want the account owner to get a report for each syncing session
7. Click Test connection (7) to connect to your source
8. If your connection is successful, you're taken to the Attributes mapping tab where you have to map each TalentCards column to the respective column of your external file
Note: The "First name", "Last name", and "Email" attributes are required. The accepted value pairs for the "Status" attribute are YES or NO, True or False, 0 or 1.
9. Click Import and Save (8) to complete the process
Now you can extend your user base through a remotely stored file in no time.